Standing Up For Those Whose Civil Rights Have Been Violated
We are fortunate to live in a country that upholds individual rights. Yet those rights often get violated by law enforcement, prisons and other government actors. The federal legal system provides a course of action for those whose rights have been violated by government actors. Through a civil rights claim, you can pursue accountability, compensation and justice.
You can turn to the T. J. Solomon Law Group, PLLC, for help. The firm’s founder, attorney Tanika J. Solomon, is passionate about standing up for people’s rights. She provides fierce and determined representation in cases such as:
- Police brutality and use of excessive force, including police shootings, excessive physical restraints, unjustified use of a taser and other forms of unwarranted force
- Unjustified arrests that lack probable cause
- Violations of your First Amendment rights, including freedom of speech, religion and association
- Violations of your Fourth Amendment rights, which includes your right to be free from unreasonable search and seizure
- Deprivation of your life, liberty or property without due process of law, which is a violation of your 14th Amendment rights
Inmates are entitled to certain legal protections while in custody. Violations of their rights can be grounds for a civil rights claim. Examples include:
- Inmates who suffered from malnourishment or starved to death
- Inhumane prison conditions, including extreme heat
- Denial of medical care, leading to injury or death
- Excessive uses of force by prison officials
- Sexual abuse and failure to protect inmates from sexual assault
- Failure to control violent inmates
Ms. Solomon has extensive experience representing inmates in civil rights claims. She is deeply familiar with the Prison Litigation Reform Act as well as the federal civil rights law (section 1983 of the Civil Rights Act of 1871) and how it applies in prison cases.
Leveling The Playing Field
Going up against the government in these cases can be an uphill battle. Government agencies often have vast resources and strong legal teams ready for their defense. Ms. Solomon understands how to hold them accountable, providing strong and effective representation to level the playing field.
Do You Have A Civil Rights Claim? | Free Case Evaluation
If your rights were violated by a governmental authority, you may have a civil rights claim. Lawyer Tanika Solomon can walk you through your options.